Volunteering at the school is essential in building the Berean community. Parents, alumni, teachers, students, grandparents and friends of the school provide essential support through their involvement on committees and with special events, providing leadership, creativity, and strategic input that fosters the mission and spirit of the School.
School and volunteers working together make a formidable team. We know the school benefits enormously from the generous number of volunteer hours our parents and alumni give us each year. By volunteering a few hours each week, Berean volunteers definitely "add value" to our students and community. But our volunteers often say they benefit from their efforts too.
There are many practical ways you can make a difference at Berean. Please consider how you can serve from the list of options below and contact our office to find out more.
Where you can help. How you can help:
- Buildings Crew - help revitalize and maintain our campus. Our buildings need constant care and renovation. You can help with simple maintenance projects, renovations or gardening. Some work takes place during the week, and many times on Saturday. You can connect with a group, or come individually. Even with minimal skills, we have someone who can help you learn.
- Athletics Booster Club - help in the Athletics Arena. Get in on the fun! Volunteers are needed to help with all phases of athletic support. This is a great way to meet other Berean parents while working to assure the success of our athletic programs. Contact Craig Lee for more details.
- Resource Development - serving behind the scenes in our offices. Our office support staff and administrators are busy each day helping the school grow and change. You can help with office duties as well as specialized projects with parents, volunteers and donors. If you can serve and have some organizational skills, you can join this team.
- Alumni Volunteers - Alumni find volunteering for the various alumni events throughout the year is a great way to renew old relationships and make new friends with a common love for the school.
Here are some tips on volunteering at Berean:
- Ask the school what it needs. Someone once said "good ideas are easy to come by; implementing them is the tough part." In other words, look for an existing program or project that could use your help.
- Experiment with opportunities that help you grow. One of the benefits of volunteering is learning a new skill or making new friends outside of your usual social circle.
- Offer your expertise. If you're experienced in legal matters, insurance, computer science or fund raising, see if your skills and experience can benefit the school.
- Parent Volunteers. At a time when their adolescent children may not communicate much, parents find that volunteering with other parents can give them valuable insight into the daily life of their Berean student. Fellow parents can also enhance your professional connections and personal friendships. Volunteering also helps you really get to know Berean. You will find why the school does what it does and how the mission is fulfilled.
- Prayer. We covet your prayers and would ask for your ongoing support by lifting the ministry of Berean Christian High School before our Lord.