Berean Christian is preparing for the future with bold plans that include several key initiatives:
- Investing in New Facilities: this initiative will enhance the learning environment. Planned improvements include a fine arts/worship center, additional classrooms, cafeteria and additional athletic facilities.
- Increasing Annual Fund Giving: the continued growth of our annual fund will provide an ongoing opportunity to offer assistance to students and preserve the excellence of our program.
- Retiring Debt: the goal is to eliminate debt used for capital improvements and strengthen the financial viability for many years to come.
- Establishing a Permanent Endowment: that will be used to attract and retain exemplary teachers and also offer financial assistance to further sustain and enhance our academic and extra-curricular programs.
ANNUAL FUND CAMPAIGN
The Annual Fund helps every student realize, education not only of the mind, but of the soul and spirit. Berean encourages every member of the community to give. Annual Fund gifts can be made to support every aspect of Berean, or directed gifts can be made to support a specific area which may have special meaning for the donor.
The annual fund campaign will provide an opportunity for alumni, parents, grandparents, and friends to offer gifts to support. This is one of the most important ways in which we, as members of the Berean community support our school. These tax-deductible gifts enhance instructional/student programs, improve technology, aid in staff development, allow improvements to our facilities, and provide financial aid for students. God has called Berean Christian School to a ministry of preparing every student to impact the world for Jesus Christ. The task of developing these leaders is a demanding and it requires a commitment to excellence in every area. Each gift to the annual fund is an investment in the lives of the young people we serve. Your support of the Annual Fund enables Berean to maintain the excellent educational experience that we all desire for our students.
Allowing Berean to respond to new opportunities and unforeseen challenges, the Annual Fund provides ongoing flexible support each year. Your support demonstrates your appreciation and confidence in Berean. Our goal is 100% parent and alumni participation. We look forward to your support in this venture.
Berean Christian High School has a long history of providing a quality education in partnership with a community of supporters who are committed to the Christian heritage and mission. There are many ways you can plan to financially support the School's mission to ensure the future of a Berean education for generations to come.
Include the School in your estate plans or set up a trust. A "Planned Gift" can benefit both you and Berean. Beyond supporting the mission at Berean Christian High School, there are decided tax advantages to making a planned gift. Planned and deferred gifts, through appreciated stock, bonds, real property, bequests, trusts and insurance provide mutually beneficial giving opportunities. A "planned gift" is any charitable gift, current or deferred, which is planned (usually with professional advice) to optimize a donor's financial, tax, and estate plans, while helping to secure the long-term financial security of Berean Christian High School. Because each donor's interests, circumstances and financial goals differ, no two planned gifts will look exactly alike. Berean works with donors and their advisors to create a unique gift reflecting both the donor's wishes and the school's needs.
Other Giving Opportunities Include:
- Cash - Make your checks payable to Berean Christian High School.
- On-line - Charge your gift on VISA or MasterCard. Payments may be spaced over time with automatic monthly deductions. Contact the office for details.
- Gifts of Stocks, securities and other real property - Stock gifts may provide significant tax advantages. Gifts of securities or other real property provide immediate support to the School. Donors receive tax deductions based on the fair market value of the property at the time of the gift and avoid capital gains tax on appreciated property.
- Matching Gift Program - Increase your giving potential! Have you checked to see if your employer (or your spouse's) participates in a Matching Gift Program? A matching gift program is a corporate sponsored benefit that can double or even triple an employee's gift to Berean by matching his or her contribution. Check with your human resources office to find out if your company has a matching gift program. If your gift qualifies, please obtain a matching gift form from your employer to send along with your contribution.
- Gifts in-kind - Donations of goods or commodities relevant to our educational program are welcome.
- Memorial and Tribute Gifts - A way to honor or remember an important person.
- Bequests - Remember Berean Christian High School in your will and create a lasting legacy at the School. Bequests may include an estate, a percentage of an estate or a specific cash amount. By naming Berean in your will you may avoid considerable estate taxes. IRAs, 401(k)s, and other qualified retirement plans, for example, may be subject to estate and income taxes that can total up to 80% of their value. When bequeathed to Berean, these investments come to the school tax-free.
- Auction: Contribute to our winter auction.
- End-of-year giving - Take advantage of tax deductions by giving to Berean Christian.
- Pledges - You may make a commitment to Berean payable over three to five years. This may allow you to give more generously over a period of time than would be possible through a single contribution.
- Merchant Systems : Berean participates in numerous merchant/donor systems. Call the office for details.
The Partner Program is Berean's annual advertising and support program linking area businesses to the mission of Berean Christian School. Businesses may purchase an advertisement package that will include advertising space in our athletic programs and school yearbook, as well as a listing in our fine arts programs and other school publications. This is a great way to show support of our athletic and fine arts programs. Your advertisement in our publications will reach Berean families, and visitors to Berean events. We are now soliciting ads for our publications. Contact our office at 925-945-6464, if you need further information or if you would like to participate in the partner program.