The Development Office of Berean Christian High School serves Berean by building relationships and providing avenues for partnership that result in visible support for Berean. The Development Office's top priority is to advance the mission of Berean Christian High School. To support that priority, the Development Office works year round to ensure that Berean has the funds necessary to support the array of academic and extracurricular programs that comprise the rich and rigorous school experience that is Berean's hallmark.
The Development Office works with alumni and other members of the Berean community toward these goals:
- To encompass every aspect involved in communicating Berean's mission to our supporters by providing opportunities for partnership with parents, grandparents, alumni, businesses and corporations.
- To serve alumni by keeping them updated on BCHS-related news, meetings, events and recognizing outstanding alumni.
- To serve our donors primarily through news and information about donations, providing donors with advice on choosing where their gifts will go, showing them the results of their gifts and giving them special recognition.
- To design and implement fundraising campaigns like the Annual Fund capital campaigns for capital improvements, development and endowment to support financial assistance to families in need.
- To raise revenue for the school to help offset expenses not covered by tuition.
- To maintain alumni relations with the school through publications, reunions, and other events. We publish the Berean Connection three times a year. We plan reunions, alumni phone-a-thons, and many other events for the Berean community. We keep all of the alumni records and archives for the school.
We depend on the generosity of many people who support Berean and our mission. We receive tremendous support from our parents, grandparents, alumni, and special friends of the School. We rely on this support to better the education and experience for our students, and maintain the traditions that make Berean unique. Berean is like other independent schools in that tuition does not cover the cost of major projects, such as building renovations or new technology.
There are several different ways to give to Berean. They include the Annual Fund, Planned Giving, fundraising events, partner program, prayer, or volunteering. If you are interested in learning more about these opportunities, please explore our web site further, or contact the Development Office.
Currently, Berean is beginning a phased series of Capital Campaigns to support building projects. Berean families will be asked to invest in their children's future by making an additional gift toward this effort. There are also fun and easy opportunities to give through the fundraising programs, like SCRIP and the annual auction events. Grandparents, and our alumni may wish to consider planned giving opportunities.